Time vs. Money vs. Value
My guest on this episode is a legit OG DSMer from WAY back in the day—Ted Marquez, aka: TedSpec. Way back in 2013, he brought us a story about familia; about how the machines bring us together and work on us as much as we work on them. In this episode, we talk about all that and even more—like the importance—and power—of the gearhead family, and how we build incredible things together.
Here’s what we talk about in this episode:
- Catching up: The story behind the DSM in GBXM #3
- Movin’ on up from the street to the professional shop.
- Specializing in a platform (DSM) twilighting into the history books.
- The importance of chasing your dreams—and doing your best at it.
- Getting to the point where life happens FOR—not TO—you.
- Time vs. Money vs. Value
I really like this guy. He gets it. He’s gone from street racing and turning wrenches for friends in the street to a proper, professional shop specializing in Mitsubishi & DSM service, performance, and tuning.
Ted and I think back to the high school guidance counselor question, “What would you do if you had millions in the bank and didn’t have to work?” Ted’s the kid who said, “I’d work on DSMs all day.”
This is what that looks like in real life.
Like Ted told me, there’s always enough to go around.
You can find Ted here:
PS: We’d appreciate it if you shared this one. thegearheadproject.com/tgp49